Pennecon is a leading provider of integrated solutions throughout the heavy civil, industrial, services & maintenance, and marine industries. Powered by an energetic team all across Canada, we are united by our passion and determination to deliver results on the most complex jobs and challenging environments. We are looking for dynamic individuals who can bring enthusiasm and innovative solutions to our various projects. Our Hydraulic Systems group in Nova Scotia is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with experience in the operation of large lathes, vertical milling machines, horizontal hones and various other hand and power tools. In addition, the selected candidate will have 3-5 years experience in rebuilding hydraulic components and assemblies (including cylinders), the ability to read and understand engineering drawings and schematics and a strong personal safety culture. They will also be well organized, have excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to work independently without close supervision.
Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated knowledge of the fluid power industry including a fundamental understanding of the repair and testing of all types of hydraulic components, cylinders, and experience in system fabrication, field service and field installations. A valid drivers license is required for this position.
Some duties of this position will include;
- Manual machining (lathe, mill, radial arm drill).
- Setup, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, milling, turning, boring, honing, drilling, precision grinding, spray welding and other operations.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations.
- Assembly of hydraulic cylinders and other mechanical or pneumatic components.
- Repair and re-machining of hydraulic components.
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and sub-assemblies using hand and power tools.
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
- Assess and estimate times for rebuild work and repairs.
- Compute dimensions, tolerances, measure and layout work pieces.
Pennecon is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Find out more about Pennecon Hydraulic Systems by visiting our website www.pennecon.com.