Pennecon is a leading provider of integrated solutions throughout the heavy civil, industrial, services & maintenance, and marine industries. Powered by an energetic team all across Canada, we are united by our passion and determination to deliver results on the most complex jobs and challenging environments.
Pennecon Hydraulic Systems is the leading supplier of fluid power components, services and systems in Atlantic Canada. With offices in both Paradise, NL and Dartmouth, NS, we play a role in the eastern Canada oil and gas, industrial, mining, construction, forestry and marine markets.
Pennecon Hydraulic Systems, NS is currently seeking applications for the following position:
Position: Service Coordinator
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Service Coordinator will be responsible to support and assist the Service Manager within all facets of the department. The successful candidate will coordinate the service department for all projects and will be expected to develop quotations and work scope, procure materials, manage manpower, scheduling, quality documentation, and so on.
Some other duties of this position will include:
- Contribute to the service department revenue generation and economic performance.
- Support and assist Service Manager with department resources, including manpower, equipment, tools, and vehicles.
- Support Service Manager with coordination of all service department jobs and projects. This includes development of quotations, job creation and work scope development, procurement of materials, management of manpower, job scheduling/coordination, quality documentation, HSE, maintain spreadsheets, invoicing, and customer correspondence.
- Support Service Manager with shop supervision.
- Research and source technical information for technicians when required to progress jobs.
- Support the Service Manager in the derivation of quotes, including review of shop technicians’ job break downs, material estimates/take offs and man power estimates.
- Support and manage job profitability. Monitor job costs during job progression.
- Support Service Manager with time card submittals and review.
- Maintain tool list, establish tool inventory and ensure all tools are accounted for: before, during and post each job/project.
- Work towards increasing shop efficiency.
- Support, monitor and control stock inventory for shop supplies.
- Identify and promote training opportunities for technicians.
- Recognize, identify and pursue opportunities for growth.
- Complete customer visits as requested.
- Communicate any and all design request changes (customer requests) to both engineering and service as required.
- Support clients by providing technical information as required.
The successful candidate must be customer focussed with a background and knowledge in service sales and management. They will be results oriented, have a strong attention to detail and a commitment to safe work practices and ISO 9001:2015 QA/QC processes. In addition, they will have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. The ideal candidate will have a service support background, with at least three – five (3-5) years of experience.
Pennecon is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Find out more about Pennecon by visiting our website at www.pennecon.com.