Pennecon is a leading provider of integrated solutions throughout the heavy civil, industrial, services & maintenance, and marine industries. Powered by an energetic team all across Canada, we are united by our passion and determination to deliver results on the most complex jobs and challenging environments.
Pennecon Technical Services is currently seeking qualified applications for the following position:
Position: Crane Technician
Location: St John’s, NL
Reporting to the Crane Services Manager, the Crane Technician will be responsible to support and assist the Service Manager within all facets of the department. Some other duties of this position will include:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical/electrical/structural issues on all types of overhead cranes;
- Perform assigned preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance repairs;
- Conduct load certification tests and inspection of overhead cranes and hoists;
- Prepare repair reports and time sheets;
- Accompany management personnel for occasional field walk-through, customer calls and follow-ups;
- Make recommendations on required maintenance;
- Analyze the safety of equipment and recommend design modifications.
The successful candidate will have a post-secondary certification in either electrical or mechanical with at least five (5) years’ experience in an electrical and/or mechanical role, or an acceptable combination of education and experience. They will be results oriented, have a strong attention to detail and a commitment to safe work practices and ISO 9001:2015 QA/QC processes. In addition, they will have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have experience in a maintenance/troubleshooting role and will be able to work at heights.
Pennecon is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Find out more about Pennecon by visiting our website at www.pennecon.com.